Sep 30, 2007

Gone in 60 Seconds

Thats how fast I was out the door to go find my keys I lost on my way home from work. Has my house keys and my bike lock key on it.

I decided to backtrack the course I took going home just in case I lost it on the way home and not at work. Through out the whole way I didn't find anything. Only wind and bits of dirt going into my eyes. Well.. midway on my trip to find my keys, I was heading towards my work to check, I came across 3 girls.

Lets see if I can describe this good enough. There was the sidewalk which the 3 girls walked on side by side. Trees where spaced from each other on the left side and on the right was grass with water sprinklers going on. Does that give you the picture?

Anyways.. I didn't want to get wet so I decided to go real fast, go on the left side when there was an opening then continue on my way. Very well thought out plan. Nobody gets hurt. Everybody is happy. I went to go carry out my plan... I sped up and was preparing for an opening, but when I got about five feet from them.. one of the girls turned around and screamed. Thus making the other two girls scream. >.<>

I finally got to my work and found my keys where I had spilled my soda outside from earlier. Luckily nobody had pick them up. Very lucky indeed. I saw one of the coworkers that I knew on break so I went to go talk to them while I waited to order some water. Turns out he wasn't on break and hasn't even started work yet. While I was talking to him I noticed that the girls I scared came into the restaurant. Seems I gave them quite the story for them too since they were talking about how "fast and cool" I was going :P and about how they thought I was going to hit them >.>;;

After getting my water I started my ride back home where I came upon a couple that seemed to run out of gas. They were trying to push this van towards this gas station. I was riding by slow and thinking to myself, "Somebody should help them.. ya.. somebody will help them".. I kept riding slow and I saw this guy just leaning against his truck watching. "Who am I kidding? Nobody is going to help these people." So I turned around and jumped off my bike next to them and offered to help them. They accepted my help and we got their van to the gas station.

I was about to just leave, hop on my bike and head home, but the guy said thanks to me and offered me something to drink. I'm satisfied with knowing that I did a good deed, but pushing that car was hard work so I couldn't say no to this offer. Got myself a Slurpee :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is great. i've always been like that especially when i lived in modesto. everyone here seems to think I bitch and moan about how they are... honestly i do and they just don't know where i'm coming from. it sickens me. i always found time to talk to random people, even bums waiting for bus stops. everyday i lived and loved to smile while i walked the streets. i love happy people. i also love helpful people. in the direction you're going. i'm glad i met you and realize that there are more people out there who appreciate others. this world is filled with too much vanity, selfishness, and greed. we need to stop that.

Anonymous said...

rawr!! eh thats a good boi, atleast you helped and didnt walk off like an ass.